Free shipping on all orders $100.00 CAD and over. Only applicable in Canada.
Pricing and Volume Discounts*
Save on your order when you purchase in larger quantities.
Quantities of TD Customer Pricing Non-TD Customer Pricing
1+ C$129.95 / product C$133.85 / product
* Pricing shown is based on TD Customer Pricing with payment from a TD bank account. Final pricing will be confirmed at checkout.
Calling all fossil hunters!
Unveiled in 2020, Thanatotheristes degrootorum is the first new tyrannosaur species discovered in Canada in over 50 years. This "Reaper of Death" was identified thanks to fossil fragments found along the Bow River in Alberta. Its toothy skull is depicted on the reverse of our Discovering Dinosaurs coin, where black rhodium plating highlights a fossil find that shed new light on our prehistoric past.
Designed by Canadian paleoartist Julius Csotonyi, the reverse features the fossilized skull of Thanatotheristes degrootorum, a tyrannosaur species recently discovered in Canada. Beneath the black rhodium plating, the engraved rock texture represents the formation in which the fossil fragments were found. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. Each coin is individually encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
For dino lovers of all ages, add this piece to your collection today!
- Rhodium Plating: On the coin's reverse, black rhodium plating represents the hidden or unknown past. This dark design element keeps the focus on the engraved fossils that have helped paleontologists piece together the story of prehistoric Canada
- Scientifically Verified: The fossil depicted on this coin has been verified for scientific accuracy by the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology
- This coin includes a serialized certificate
- Limited mintage of 7,500 pieces
|Weight In Ounces||1|
|Weight In Grams||31.39|
|Composition||.9999 pure silver|
|Face Value||20 CAD|
|Brand||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Packaging||black beauty box|